Winnipeg Global Education College
Survival English Program
Survival English Program is designed to efficiently and strategically help beginner level students. The course is for students with limited or no English language proficiency.
- The course starts every week.
- The course is a functional and situational syllabus, with a focus on essential functions and essential situations for the use of English.
Successful completion of the program is recognized to meet the English Language proficiency requirements for the 8-month English for Academic Purposes Program which was offered by Winnipeg Global Education College (DLI#:O243237116047).
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Understand basic English when presented in oral and written form.
- Produce basic English in oral and written form.
- Understand and produce simple grammar (simple tenses, continuous tenses, present perfect).
- Understand and produce simple vocabulary for everyday items and everyday situations.
- Communicate effectively and comprehensibly in simple, everyday situations
Criteria for Passing the Course
In order to pass the course, students must:
- Attend at least 90% of the classes.
- Achieve at least 75% on the weekly quizzes and practice tests.
Survival English program is a flexible program that focusing on improving your English ability. Starting every
Monday, and studying length varies depending on students’ abilities